How To Start A Video Games Business

start a video games business

In this post... I'll be discussing and showing you how to make money by selling video games. What I want to discuss through this post is going to be the following.

I'll explain to on why selling video games online is a good business. What types of video games can you sell?

Typical margins you can kind of expect with video games - the difference between selling video games online and in-store. I'll be talking about consoles and accessories?

How much money do you need to actually get started with selling video games - where to go sell video games?

How you can get started with the process of selling online or selling video games.

I am selling video games on specific platforms like Amazon and eBay. If you don't know how to sell on Amazon or Ebay, that's totally fine. This post is all about that You can feel free to check out and subscribe to my blog to learn more about that. However, what I want to discuss right now is why?

The reason why video games is a good category or good products to sell is for multiple reasons. I'm selling inventory that is consistent and I can sell all year round. I'd much rather have a source of inventory that I can sell 365 days out of the year, that does consistently well instead of some products that do amazing. Just for one season - I like to definitely have my business be as passive as possible and very consistent and video games fit that category. Because there's always video games being made.

There's always be demand for them. I guess a good example for this is comparing it to like Macbooks or computers. Let's say if you wanted to go sell Macbooks, definitely sell all year round, but there's not really a large selection from them. So they're both in demand all year round.

However, I'm also wanting to go for a wide selection. And the reason for that is actually I can scale it up. So if you take Apple Macbooks, for example, there will be MacBook Airs the MacBook Pros and there's like desktops There's not really a wide selection from them with video games.

NBA 2k game that comes out every single year a new Madden game that comes out every single year, whether it's Like Mario Party 9 now and Mario Kart 12, it's always new video games coming out.

Now what I want to discuss is about the types of video games I'm selling and where I'm selling them at. So obviously I'm selling any type of Xbox Playstation Nintendo games, right?

We all understand that switch games and where selling them on eBay and Amazon.

That's how you making the money and selling it That's where all customers are buying from.

I think it's much easier to sell on Amazon and eBay just because that's what consumers are already going and they trust. I'd say two avenues to go about with video games. You can be selling used video games or new ones and that just going to depend on how you're sourcing our inventory sourcing use video games, obviously The routes of going about that is you can sometimes buying bulk of the used video games. Maybe you just have some laying around or you hustle out like on Facebook marketplaces Or maybe you own a retail store that sells video games to accept trade-ins if you plan to sell those online. eBay is going to be the ideal platform from that reason I liked some used video games as well.

It's simply there's large profits with that. I mean kind of discussing more about using new video games. But where I actually do most of my sales for selling video games is actually off selling new brand new Sealed in the box in the plastic selling them on Amazon.

It's a pretty much an online shopping mall. People are looking for new products and Amazon will prefer sellers who are selling new So now we have that clear. Now the difference between selling in online. So selling video games online and in store and this is actually be a good segue into when I get into. What are the best video games?

Understand this the whole industry of video games, if you take Gamestop For example what their business model is they're selling new games to believe the new releases. So if Madden 19 comes out this month, they're going to be selling that.

Start a video games business tips

However, most their profits are not actually coming off of selling new video games releases. They're not make much money selling the new matter. But where they're actually make the money is off the use games they're selling. How do they get there use games off the trade-ins of the new releases they sold. So let's say they sell 1000 madden 19 video games for xbox the Wii or the switch and PlayStation right and let's say three months down the road kids are bored playing with them now football season's over with they go trade them in and Now, let's say you can probably go buy the madden at 19 for maybe $40 used game stop is probably going to accept it for $10?

So they're accept it for $10 go flip around for $40 that's where they're go make their profits because if they're selling a new game for $59.99 keep in mind they're have a merchant account fee. So to accept a credit card, they're have anywhere between a one and a half three percent fee.

They're have employees They're have rent in their store and their profit margins to off that new release is not very good. They're most likely buying it for $51.

So at the end of the day, they're not making their parents breaking even off that new release. But they're make their money off the use games.

So what does that to do with you wanting to sell video games online?

Well that opens up a lot of avenues for sellers selling online because Amazon remember what I said this Amazon prefers sellers selling new conditions of products so There are video games where?

The best video games that I noticed seemed to sell is not the new releases, because you're not make any money selling those Online. Because you can have shipping fees you have amazon fees so you can throw out new releases however, where there's typically profits to be made is off video games that are selling anywhere from $15 to $45 range And they came out as early as three months ago or even up to two Four or five ten years ago and selling them in new condition. Now many people watch you offer those at wholesale level as I'll talk about that later. But those would be the types of video games you want to be selling?

Now before I get into on exactly how I am making my selling these video games and explain to you on how you can get started with this. Let me explain - a couple things one is going to be about, what about consoles and accessories?

If you want some consoles, just let me know and I can send you a link to get your consoles for cheaper. However with that there's definitely a higher entry level for them. And usually if someone's beginning to sell online, I don't really recommend getting into the accessories and console category There's a lot of upside to it.

But typically there's a lot more money involved to starting out with say for example You have to buy ten of these to even make an order with the supplier you're looking at around $2,000 to even get 10 consoles and there's be Sometimes a little lower margins with them as well.

But there's definitely other avenues - I'm not get an ad That's more advanced topic which I would discuss later. However, now what I want to discuss is about the capital needed to start selling video games so this is another reason. I'm giving you kind of very easy beginner steps to go about but with video games. With video games You can definitely get started with a pretty low amount of capital.

I make orders all the time of a few hundred bucks $250 and if you have a thousand dollars or so you definitely get started with video games So now what?

I want to discuss with you is the process that I go about with selling video games and how I'm actually making money with them So what I do is I figure.

I source those video games from suppliers And these are the same suppliers that happen to also sell the Gamestop. I go over on how to get your account set up with and how to go find suppliers. I work with the suppliers and I build relationships with them. That's also something I talk about my Amazon course about building relationships That's me another important factor. But I get access to their products and get their prices.

And then I send them to an Amazon Fulfillment Center so the reason why I do this is because when you're selling on Amazon. What happens is you can fulfill your inventory in two ways You can ship it yourself Or you can on Amazon to ship it for you as.

Start a video games business amazon ebay 2020

Amazon to do the work for filming through FBA allowing them. You put them into their fulfillment center.

They ship out and give you prime shipping. I do that and repeat the process and that's really it and the margins. I'm looking for when I'm selling video games. I'd like to say at the minimum of around 10 percent. But I'm really focused on this thing called turnover rates on how fast and quick I can, turn over those video games. So let's say I'm getting 10% So what I mean by this if I invest $1,000 into some video games and I have a 10 percent ROI on them meaning that all profit $100 by selling those thousand dollars video games. So that thousand dollars gets turned to $1,100 which if you're an investor. You're been a stock market you've been in real estate you realize that's Amazing to do that in a month time if I can do that in two weeks or even in the worst case four weeks That's great.

Typically what I've seen with the video games I've sold before and that's really it. That's just repeat the process. You buy video games you send them to Amazon you flip them over get them turn over you take the profits and then reinvest. So if you're curious about starting this process with not just selling video games But selling products online because you can do this with any type of category, right? I've made money by selling laptops.

There's a lot of different products you can sell you sell clothes you can sell toys.

It's the same process, what I just explained to you.

END...


How To Start A Video Games Business How To Start A Video Games Business Reviewed by Seenar on June 04, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Powered by Blogger.