How To Make Money While You Travel

Make Money While You Travel

The first thing that allowed me to travel and live abroad was a Working Holiday Visa. If you've never heard about it a Working Holiday Visa is a visa that allows people to spend between a year or 2 in a country whether it's for vacation or to work. Depending on your age and where you're from you might or might not be eligible for this kind of visa. Anyway, to go back to my personnel story I left when I was 30 and had only 3000 dollars. I was scared to run out of money. But my dream to see the world was way stronger. I found a job as a waitress within 6 months and made enough money to travel around the whole country. If I'm not eligible for this kind of visa?

Well, don't worry because I got this covered Well, if that makes you feel better I've only used this visa once. The reason why I've never reapplied for one is because over the years I've learnt to travel without a plan and experienced first hand how wonderful things are when you just decide to trust the universe. But if you are the kind of person who loves the idea of settling down somewhere for a whole year and learn a new language and a new culture then definitely go for it!

Now for those who aren't eligible, Then don't worry because this won't stop you from traveling!

If I don't have a visa that allows me to work. I always find ways to make money on the road. A very common one for me is to work in hospitality. Whether it's being a waitress or working behind a bar. I always find work in this area. But, depending on what you're good at If you have a special talent there are millions of options out there Except for being a waitress. I also sang and played guitar on the street bars and restaurants earn money while taking care of a house and 2 dog sand also as a freelance translator online.

Other great way to save money while traveling: It's Exchange work Most of the time, you'll work a couple of hours per day in exchange for food and accomodation. I know some of you might not be thrilled by the fact that you won't make any money but this has allowed me to spend only 120 dollars per months while visiting new places and meeting tons of new people. Plus when I visit a place I try to do as many free activities as I can Like hiking for example And if there aren't any options. Then I always look for the cheapest way to do it. In some places it is very cheap to do some activities seven if you go through an agency. For example I visited the incredible marble caves doing a tour for only 10 dollars or visited these pre Inca ruins for only 2 dollars. However, always make sure it's responsible tourism and that you are helping local communities and having a positive impact on the places you visit. These are all the places I've been able to see for free!

Anyway to go back to the exchange work topic there are tons of websites, where you can find places that do these kind of deals like Work away or Help X but I can't really give you my opinion about it since. I've never really used them myself. I've always ended up randomly in those places like the surfing school for example. The owner of the school was actually the guy who picked me up while I was hitchhiking in Chile. Now, if you've also managed to grow your following on social media you can also exchange a stay or some food in a restaurant for some advertisement or some content like photos and videos. Just make sure you actually like the food or the places you are advertising Be authentic!

afford to travel full time

Whatever your skills are, there is always a way!

But, if you don't feel like working and still want to get to know locals while taking care of your budget you can use an app called Couchsurfing. For those who don't know what Couchsurfing is it will, like its name says it allow you to surf from spare couch to spare couch while backpacking and all of this for free BUT, it's so much more than.

This app allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people, I've ever met during all those years.

A great way to meet tons of other travelers and very often, find people to travel with. They are generally pretty cheap but the only cons is that you don't really get to meet locals and learn about their culture. Airbnb is something I use very rarely, when I feel like. I need a break and just want to be alone It's generally the same price as an hostel and you get to have your own room!

However, another great way to get a free accommodation is Wild Camping. Not only do you get to spend time in the nature and reconnect with it but you can end up is gorgeous places where you won't even want to leave!

I've had my fair share of experiences camping alone and I tell you once you get over your fears. This could become your favorite accommodation!

Plus, it really adds some things adventurous to your travels!

And if you really don't feel safe you can always ask people, if you can put your tent in their garden!

This generally works pretty well Talking about adventures if you are like me and need something a bit more adventurous well then don't make any plans and just go with the flow!

Like hitchhiking for example Hitting the road without knowing where you'll end up or who you'll meet might seem like the most frightening thing for some of you guys. And I know it but for me, it has definitely taken the way I travel to a whole new level. You can't even imagine the amount of people that invited me to spend the night at their place after picking me up.

Hitchhiking has not only allowed me to meet some amazing people but also made me save a huge amount of money on transportation! I used to travel by bus and even if I always made sure I was buying the cheapest tickets. I could find out there transportation was still a huge part of my budget. Like food for example Forget about traveling cheap if you can't be bothered to cook and only want to eat out. Know that, wherever you go supermarkets are always be more expensive than local markets. Make the effort to talk to the locals find out where the cheapest place to buy food in town is and I assure you that you'll save a lot of money on food.

find the money to travel for so long

Since we are talking about the things that made me save money. While on the road I've discovered, thanks to my amazing friend met in Chile. That DUMPSTER DIVING is, If you have no idea what I'm talking about. I'll just briefly explain what Dumpster Diving. The idea is to go to supermarkets, local markets or anywhere else they sell food in large quantity and look for food that can be saved. You'd be sick to see the amount of food that is thrown away on a daily basis and that is still edible. You can do it either by searching directly in the containers or ask the people that work there.

What also has had a huge impact on the way, I travel is simply because I've learnt how to live a more minimalistic life. I stopped caring about things like going to the hair dresser going to the movies or buying new clothes every month. I mean, I still do those things but on a much smaller scale. Trust me, the less you have, the less you need!

I generally stay between 2 to 3 months before going crazy. And since my money goes a long way with that kind of travel. I don't need that much anymore But for me, it is very important to have some backup savings. I always try to keep about 2000 dollars safe in case of any emergency.

While some people like me, manage to spend only 3000 a year. I had about 10,000 dollars saved. At that time, I was spending way more than I am now. All the things. I just told you are things, I learnt and started doing along the way. I didn't always travel the way I am now And you don't have to either.

Depending on what type of travel you're interested in I really believe this will be a huge help. To those who feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

END...


How To Make Money While You Travel How To Make Money While You Travel Reviewed by Seenar on May 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

If you have any doubt, please let me know.

Powered by Blogger.